Friday, July 1, 2011

Just LOVE a good deal!

Here in Hermosa, SD., there is a cute little grocery store, 'Pop's Grocery Shoppe', so I went the other day to purchase some essentials, like detergent, bread, milk, ya know, the things you need on a VERY regular basis.  When low and behold!  I noticed my kid's favorite cereal in the world, on sale for a DOLLAR!!

A DOLLAR!??!!

I couldn't believe it.  I took the box up to the front and asked the nice lady if this was for real, and she said, "YES, we just can't seem to get rid of them."  :)
WHAT!?
WOW!

I bought 5 boxes. :)

But, it gets better.....
I went home, to the Admiral, and showed the kids their beloved cereal that they NEVER get because it is usually around $4.00 a box, and they were literally cheering and screaming.....pour deprived little ones.....
Todd asked about it, and I told him that they were only $1.00 each, and he said, "Let's go back and get more!"  HA!!

So, we did. :)

TEN boxes later, and some REALLY excited kids, we ended up having FIFTEEN BOXES of Wheaties Fuel cereal!  :)  Too funny!
(it is not stale or old either!  I checked. :)
It truly IS the simple things in life that we are SO thankful for, isn't it?  :)

Blessings,
Steph

1 comment:

  1. We are hanging out in Spearfish, South Dakota for a couple of days and then heading to Rapid City! Call us if you want to hang out for a bit, let the kids play you know! 847-707-7552 is our cell!

    ReplyDelete