Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fullfilling Needs on the Road.....Oh what a saga....

Well, the time has come.  Our wonderfully, dependable van of 8 years and 160,000 miles, was slowly, but surely dying.... :( 

As much as we loved it, we decided while we were in Rapid City, SD., to replace it with something a little newer, and more dependable.  :)

After some searching and researching, we decided to buy a 2009 Toyota Sienna!  The kids are SO pumped, and honestly, I love it as well.  The piece of mind is priceless.  :)
Now, for the saga.....

Well, we got that new, wonderful van and drove it to the local Cabela's where the Admiral was parked.  Todd was about to drive that new, wonderful van onto our car-dolly, when we realized .....um........
IT IS NOT GOING TO FIT!  

NNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I thought Todd and I were going to cry right on the spot.  Are you kidding me?!

Obviously, our new van is wider than our older one, and now we are on a hunt to find a gently used car-dolly, and we need to sell the one we have!  Nice.

So, we left South Dakota, however, now we are hauling a dolly we can't use, and paying more for gas.  Not good.

I know one day I will laugh about this, but right now, it is NOT funny.

Please pray that the Lord would allow us to fix this issue as painless as possible!
Blessings,
Steph

3 comments:

  1. Big bummer!!! So sorry friend!!! We will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I can just imagine that moment of terrible discovery. I will pray for a quick resolution. But I think you guys will love the Toyota! If it was the "right car", I say, better to get a new dolly than another vehicle . I've had 3 Toyotas in my driving career and they were all great cars. My Sienna is awesome!

    ReplyDelete