Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tillamook Air Museum

In Tillamook, OR., we went to the VERY affordable Air Museum.  For the kids and I, it was around $25.  :)  The first thing we did inside, was watch a short film describing the history of the hanger and how the Air Museum even started.

The boys and the girls really liked the planes, up-close this way.  Zach, especially was cracking me up, because he couldn't seem to keep his mouth closed!  He was SOOO excited to check out the planes, especially the ones with guns on them.  (he wants to design war planes when he grows up)  :)


I was SO excited after our visit through the museum, because inside their gift shop, I found GREAT winter coats for some of the kids!  Todd, Tanner and I found some when we were in Yellowstone, but I've been on a 'hunt' for the rest of the family.  Now, all we need for future snow-ball fights are some comfy gloves!  :)


Later, for dinner, we decided to grill up shish kabobs.  YUM!  This was our first time, so I figured the kids could 'design' their own.  :)  We had beef, shrimp, peppers, pinapple, hot dogs, little smokies sausages, and peaches.  Did I say YUM?!


We also bought some fresh blue berries, raspberries and black berries for some 'make your own' berry-cakes for dessert.  Again.  YUM!

Dinner was a hit that night!  Yeah Mommy!  :)
(I think we are going to start a new weekly tradition.)


We are enjoying our time in Tillamook, Oregon!
Blessings,
Steph

1 comment: