Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hard Times

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9



As I type this post, my heart is heavy, and I am honestly putting my trust in the Lord.



The past few days, have been some of the hardest.  To put it as clearly as possible.....

Our tenants that are renting our home, with out warning, literally HOURS before we were set to start our next traveling adventure, told us that they did not want to renew their lease.  (heart breaking.....can you hear it??)

To say that it was shocking and disappointing is an understatement.  I am still seeking a cheerful heart and peace right now.

Todd has been amazing to say the least.  We decided that we just want to sell the home, and move on with our lives.  Todd has already found a realtor and getting some painting completed this week.   Don't get me wrong, our tenants have paid their rent and kept the home immaculate.  Praise the Lord for that!  And, they DO have every right not to want to renew the contract.  What is saddening, is they knew we were heading out for the road, and decided till the very last minute to tell us.  Why?  I will never have this answer, but what I DO know, is that I serve a great God.  He knows.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5


As a family, we are blessed to have Todd's parents' support and encouragement.  We have a safe place to hang out for a while. :)  Lord willing, it is part of His plan to allow us to sell our home......that is what our heart's desire has been all along.


Please pray!  There is power in prayer!


I know that I am just a speck on this Earth and my measly, little problems are NOTHING compared to so many others'.   But, I also know, that I love a Lord that loves me back.  He even knows how many hairs are on my head!  (even the ones falling out or turning gray!)  He knows how all of this will end up, and I will be stronger for it.  My faith is SO weak.  I truly know that.  He is wanting me to grow and love Him all the more!

When you think of my family, please pray for a clear direction.  We would love to travel again.  Right now, we are living in an RV!!!  An RV is supposed to MOVE!!!  :)
 Life has its bumps in the road, no matter what you live in, but what is going on inside ones heart is the telling sign of faith.  The Lord is growing mine, that is for sure!


Blessings,
Steph


4 comments:

  1. Steph and family...we so know what you are going through - different circumstances (being fired from a job that we thought we had for another 13 months). My scripture verse the morning we were fired was Jer. 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you." As we were being fired I said to God - I think you better start sharing with us what your plan is.

    I am so sorry you are going through this. If I was your renter my thought was I really didn't want to hurt you and it was very hard for them to tell you.

    I will be praying for you and your family that God's will be done. That he grants the desires of your heart and that your house will be bought and bought quickly so that you can continue to live your dreams. Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the setback, Steph. Hugs & prayers to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you friend! It is hard to believe it was a year ago this weekend that you were here visiting us in St. Louis!:) We are praying your road trip can begin again soon.

    God Bless you!

    Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your delay. We have 2 weeks left before closing on our house and understand the suspense.

    ReplyDelete