Friday, October 19, 2012

Green Mountain Park - Campground Review

Our first campground in North Carolina was Green Mountain.  It is part of our Thousand Trails membership, so we decided to stay for 2 weeks.  While we were here, we went thrift store shopping, played putt-putt  and hung out around the campground most of the time.

Price - $3/night (just can't beat that!)

Amenities - right now, everything is pretty much shut down for the fall and winter, however, I think it would be MUCH more fun and lively in the summer time.  There is a small pool, putt-putt, trails and a small pond with row boats.

Staff - they were fine.  (not overly friendly, but certainly not rude)

We had full hook ups, so we used our own shower/bathroom, which is good, because the campground's shower house was old and dated.  I saw the staff cleaning it daily, but it still looks so worn down.

Also, if you stay here, beware of the HUGE hills!  Stay in the lower section close to the main office! :)


Blessings,
Steph

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steph :)
    Just wanted you to know how much I love reading your blog about your familiy adventures. I have nominated you for The Liebster Blog Award ! You can check out more about it on my page.
    Have a great day :)
    Shannon
    www.shannonthesearethedays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO CAMP! But is where I fell down the stairs on the little golf course, after teeing off on the fifth hole, I slipped and fell, landed on my back, then told the campground to fix their slippery stairs.

    ReplyDelete