Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Everglades National Park!


I have wanted to see the alligators at the Everglades for soooo long.  I heard there are thousands of alligators and crocodiles and all kinds of interesting birds.

Before we got there, we stopped at a local market with a cute name and a cute story - "Robert is Here"


The market was nice and a little pricey for my taste, but what I did not expect, were all the animals in the back!


There were many tortoises, chickens, emus, ducks and more. :)


Look at this guy soaking in the Florida sunshine!  LOVE it!



We even had a National Geographic moment!  HA!



Then, we made it into the Ernest Coe Visitor's Center!  We started the Anhinga Trail with MUCH anticipation. :)


Walking along, we saw some totally cool birds!


All these birds were literally right in front of us.  Not behind a cage, or in a glass room, but in their habitat!


Look at the beautiful Anhinga drying its wings.



A Wood Stork


And then...............








There were alligators EVERYWHERE!  ON THE TRAIL!  LOOSE!

I was just shocked.

I was frozen with fear.  I honestly did not realize that they were ON THE SIDE WALK!


It was truly a fascinating day.  These cute kids earned another badge!  YEAH!!!


Blessings,
Steph

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Being a new blogger, I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it. Everglades National Park is one of the many wonders of the US National Park system. This park is an extremely significant area for biodiversity preservation, and it is a World Heritage Site, a Biosphere Reserve, and a Wetland of International Importance. Thanks…


    Miami Everglades Tour

    ReplyDelete
  2. great bird photos, and that Alligator looks super huge!

    ReplyDelete