Saturday, November 19, 2011

Things!!


Living a life in an RV has been a process.  There are so many benefits, and yet, life is not with out challenges.   Believe me.  I am living in an RV with FIVE children!  :)  However, I can honestly say, after living on the road, full-time for nine months, that I LOVE it!
The picture above, is literally our backyard in Tucson, AZ.  One thing I love about traveling, is the landscape.  We have had beaches, rainforest, prairies, valleys, mountains, lakes, pools and national parks for our backyard for nine months!
 Another thing I love about living in an RV, is you can park where ever you want to park.  If the weather is nice, GO!  If the weather is awful, GO!  "Home is where we are."  :)



The RV lifestyle has opened up a whole new meaning to "creative play."  :)  I knew that my kids liked to play outside, and I knew that they had their creative moments, but I had NO idea until we were living by so many different natural surroundings, how creative they were.  One thing that they enjoy doing, is hunting for any and ALL kinds of bugs!  They even like to identify scat!  (for us city folk, that is animal or rodent poop!)  Ha!
The other thing we have learned to enjoy, is hiking.  I thought that hiking was just 'taking a little walk.'  Wow, was I misunderstood.  We have experienced a conquering feeling of accomplishment after a 3 mile hike, up hill!  Or the relaxing feeling of serenity beside a natural spring running beside a mountain and putting our feet in it, just because we can..... :)

They are learning things like: geography, geology, botany, history, and many other topics, all the while, learning how to be patient, or kind to their younger sibling who is taking too long.  They are learning how to work out math problems, yes, but more importantly, they are working out problems within their family.  I have witnessed more prayers, hugs and sweet fellowship in my children in the last nine months, than I did before we hit the road.  I LOVE it!



The other thing I LOVE about this lifestyle, is the spontaneity it brings!  All this time, the kids have not had their bikes.  I know.....dumb.....just plain dumb.....
We honestly did not know if they would want them or have opportunity to ride them, while we were hopping from state to state.  :)
Well, last week, as a surprise, we went to Walmart and got the kids new bikes!  Todd also bought one through Craigs List and got a sweet deal.  I will get one when we get home and we will also get the bike racks we need to haul these babies!  For now, I am helping Parker peddle down the trails or roads and loving the kids' new found 'freedom.' :)  They are loving these things!  Why we did not do this sooner, I don't know, but I am SO glad we did it!

I am not the kind of person that holds onto "things."  I am sentimental, though.  I am grateful to have the time to play, and relax with my kids in a whole new way.
Where ever we might be, we are together.  We are exploring together.  We are learning together.  We are LIVING together, like never before.

These are a few of my favorite things.  :)
Blessings,
Steph

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving Greetings from the Lambs in Lincoln, NE! We are thankful to hear that you are still on the road! Drive by Los Alamos, NM when you get the chance (our old home town).

    In Christ's Love,

    The Lambs

    ReplyDelete