Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving on the Road

I have so much to be thankful for this year.  I thought about making a list, but I decided that it may be a little much. (don't we all have a list?!)   :)  
Even though we have had challenges, and still do, because, that is just part of life, I can honestly say I am truly thankful.

This was our first Thanksgiving on the road, away from our family and friends, back home in Texas.  I wasn't sure how this was going to happen:

Do I buy a big turkey and try to cook it in my 5 inch convection oven?
Do I buy ALL the fixings?
Do I buy 7 different types of desserts?
Not only would it get very expensive, but the food would run us out of our little home on wheels really quick!
(there is not a whole lot of extra space, ya know?)  :)


Enter the Harper family!

The Lord not only provided a wonderful-awesome family for us to celebrate this holiday, but He also provided the campground's LODGE for us!  We had the whole place to ourselves!  We had plenty of tables and chairs, and even a big-screen t.v. to watch football!  HA!



And the food?  We had so much food, that we ate it again the next day!  Instead of turkey, we bought 4 baked, seasoned chickens at Stater Brothers, and Janet and I divided up the rest!  We also bought 3 pies!  We were not exhausted from cooking all day long, and the 'crew' loved it all!  :)


It was a Happy Thanksgiving.


"O Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, His love endures forever!"  Psalm 106

Blessings,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment