Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chimney Tops Trail - "No Pain, No Gain!"


Our last hike in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was BRUTAL!

It is TWO MILES UP!  And  I mean, UP!


At first, you are tricked into thinking it is so peaceful and beautiful and quaint.

I love suspension bridges.



But then, the ground starts moving vertically.  And doesn't stop.....

Until you reach the tippy-top of Chimney Tops Trail.

Just breath-taking.



Todd and Tanner went to the absolute top edge of the mountain!  They took these pics for me, because I am a BIG wimp.  I was doing good just getting to the 'normal' spot, of the top of the mountain! :)



I was SO very proud of us ALL!  We did it!
This is definitely, the most difficult hike we have done since we hit the road.  Or ever.......


I was so sore........  For days..........  Literally.

Blessings,
Steph

1 comment:

  1. We are on the 'other side' of the Smokies in Shenandoah National Park. I love how the distant mountains look so blue. Miss you guys! Tried putting up comments a

    ReplyDelete