Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Blessings! Like Orange Juice & New Friends!


The Lord gave us the sweetest, most loving neighbors this week.  Mrs. Ruby bought three HUGE bags of oranges and showed the kids and I how to make freshly, squeezed orange juice!  This was a first for us, so it was too fun. :)


She was so patient with the kids, each anticipating their turn after turn.


Parker was cracking us all up, with his facial expressions and smiles.  His eyes would bug out with excitement when he would finish.  Examine the orange.  Only to see an empty shell!  Too cute.


Mrs. Janice came over too, and we had a wonderful afternoon making a ton of yummy juice!



Later that evening, they treated us to a special dinner at the local Italian Restaurant; Giovanni's.  They make wonderful, brick-oven pizzas, lasagna and chicken parmesan.
We also had soup and a salad bar and AWESOME garlic bread with our meal.



Isn't that quite the crew!?


There are times on the road, when I miss my friends and family. (obviously!)  HA!
 Lately, I have been missing Todd's mom.  She is such a Godly, loving, patient example in my life, but she is also one of my most treasured friends.  I found myself feeling comforted by Mrs. Ruby, to the point where I was pathetically weepy! UG!

She loved on my kids, just as if they were her own grandchildren.

She loved on me, just as if I were her daughter.

 It was a God-send.

Thank you Mrs. Ruby and Mrs. Janice for being so generous and kind to a silly gang of Texans like us!  Thank you Mr. Jerry and Mr. Mike for spending quality time with Todd and the boys, too!

I thank the Lord for all the details that He works out.  Only HE could plan it JUST right!


Blessings,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment