Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ceramics Class!

Yesterday, I was so excited that Hannah, Emily and Parker were able to take a ceramics class, here at the campground.  I am just awful at anything creative or artsy, so any time I can give my kids this kind of experience, I have to jump on it!  Thankfully, the world is FULL of artsy-creative people, so every now and then, the "Pro's" just happen to be in our neck of the woods, and my children are the beneficiaries. :)


Mrs. Janet is from Maine, and is also a park ranger there in the summer time.


After the kids picked out which figure they wanted to paint, she helped them pick out all the colors.


Parker picked out "Woody" from Toy Story and initially wanted to paint him completely BLUE!
(that's his favorite color) :)



Emily picked out a sweet lady figure.



And Hannah picked out a Disney princess.



The kids worked diligently on their statues for hours.



Hannah was so proud of her finished product.  Mama was pretty proud, too! :)



Parker's "Woody" was indeed unique and beautiful. ;)



Emily also did a fantastic job.  She really took her time and added a lot of detail.

We had Mrs. Janet all to ourselves and she was so patient and accepting of all their decisions.
I was also happy, because it only cost a total of $10!!!  WHOO HOO!


Blessings,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment