Sunday, December 30, 2012

Florida Oranges = YUMMY!


OH.. ME..OH..MY!!

If you visit Florida, you just HAVE to eat a Florida orange.

 Not just an orange from the store.  OH, NO!

The orange needs to be from the TREE!



At this local orchard, they have quite the operation running.  You can purchase 'already picked' fruit, or pick yourself, or even buy jelly, sauces, spices, juices, and novelties.  They even offer a 'Safari' ride.  Too funny. :)



I wanted the kids to pick the fruit from the orchard and taste for themselves how WONDERFUL it is.

Look at the SIZE of this grapefruit!  WOW.



They also have these little alligator heads.  HA!



I think I will have nightmares now, thank you. :)




Yes, that is Todd and Hannah getting eaten by a great white shark.  Don't worry, though, Parker ran in and saved them.

My hero. :)




So, after we decided what kind of oranges we wanted, we set off to conquer!



I love walking in orchards.  It makes me think of the Garden of Eden, and how magnificent it must have been.




It didn't take long to find "OUR" tree. :)




We stuffed as many of these beauties in the 30 pound bag (for $20, including tax) in less than 10 minutes!
So fun.


They really DO taste SOOO yummy!  SO much better than what you buy at the store.
Also, they are HUGE.  My kids can definitely share one orange, and if you know my kids, that is saying something!  (ahem, we like food.....just saying) :)


Blessings,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment