Sunday, December 9, 2012

Charming Charleston, SC.



Well, we had some unfinished business and a few rv repairs, so we decided to go north again, and visit Charleston, SC. :)  I  love the freedom of life on the road.  I love that if we get a 'wild hair' we can just GO!  :)



This is the city's oldest city market.




One of the most photographed places in America......Rainbow Row.




A HUGE cruise ship docked at the harbor.




Zach and I were SO excited to see this!  Here is Thomas Heyward's, signer of the Declaration of Independence, and town home of George Washington!  SO, so, so COOL!




Charleston is such a beautiful city, filled with one gorgeous, southern home after another.  It also has many, many churches, including the FIRST, First Baptist Church of AMERICA.




I could walk the streets of Charleston for hours and admire all the character and detail, however, I was not going to drive my five, lovely children into an early grave by doing that to them! :)





I LOVE the old gas lamps by the front doors.





Many of the streets are 'hugged' by the beautiful trees.




We plan on visiting Charleston, SC. again in the future, so we can see Fort Sumter; where the Civil War first began.
 But, for now, we just enjoyed a special day in a very special part of our country.


Blessings,
Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment