Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tomorrow

Last Friday, hit our country like a ton of bricks.  Suddenly, what ever we had planned for that day, just did not matter any more.  Our busy-hurried schedules, momentarily froze - and we started grieving.  

I want to share what has been heavy on my heart, since Friday, and I hope that it will be of some encouragement.....to someone.



The families in Newtown, CT. are experiencing the unimaginable.  This is every parent's nightmare.
As a former teacher, I have put myself in my old classrooms, and pictured my students' faces.  I have been reminiscing old memories and thinking of them, a lot, in the past few days.  'How are they doing?'  'Are they married, have children, and what kind of careers have they possessed?'


I also think of the Newtown families that can't believe that there is a tomorrow.


I remember when my mom suddenly passed away, when I was 22 years old, that I some how thought that time would stop.

I found it odd, as I drove down the road, that other people would still go to work, parties, parks, or even grocery shop.  It was as if time truly had an end for me.

That was one of the hardest parts of grief that I experienced.  I hated the fact that "life went on, as usual."  I selfishly wanted the whole world to stop and cry with me, until I said it was o.k.


I don't know any of the families in Newtown, but I do know what it is like to lose someone you love.  I do know that grief is so hard to explain and yet so real.  It will look one way for one person and totally different for someone else.

Grief doesn't have a stop watch.  There is no alarm clock.  No time limit.  No rule book.


I want to encourage you (whoever you might be in 'cyber-world') to pray for these hurting families.  And don't stop praying for them!  Pray for them at Christmas, New Year's, Valentines, Easter, Mother's & Father's Day, and ANY OTHER day, when they come to mind!  Prayer is SO powerful.

From my experience, I learned how important family, friends and relationships are in life.  Life is so very precious, and we are not promised tomorrow.

These families will never be the same, but the Lord will give them grace and strengthen them in the coming years.  Nothing will be easy about their healing, but it is THEN, when HE carries us through life; one tomorrow at a time.




"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:

"a time to be born and a time to die,"

"a time to weep and a time to laugh,"

"a time to mourn and a time to dance,"  Ecclesiastes 3:1,2 and 4



Blessings,
Steph








1 comment: