Monday, December 24, 2012

LOUD Alarms & Healthy Competition!

A couple of weeks ago, we stayed at the Sumter Oaks SKP Rv park, and really enjoyed ourselves.  They have a heated INDOOR pool and some of the sweetest people. :)  While we were there, we were given gifts from three different 'Secret Santas!'  It was so exciting to open our door and find a gift sitting there on our steps.  

We also learned about sand hill cranes.  Our first morning, around 8:00 sharp, all of a sudden, we hear this alarm outside.  I thought it was some kind of tornado or hurricane alarm for the community!  We all rushed to the door, looked out side, and found these big ole' birds!  I just cracked up laughing......
It is another part of the super-fun stuff we get learn about on the road of life!  Who better to introduce this special bird, but themselves?!  HA!




While we were in Bushnell, I got the kids two ginger bread houses.

One for the boys.

One for the girls.

I don't know why I keep forgetting that I have the most competitive children in America....

I thought it would be this sweet, lovely, memory-making experience.



I told them, "I have two rules.  I will not help you, and I will not clean up your mess."
(I like those rules!) :)

Honestly, I just wanted them to be creative and complete it themselves, with out 'Mommy' getting in the way.


At first, everything was great.  They were reading the directions, making a plan, assigning tasks....



The projects were going well, and I was feeling like 'Mom of the Year.'



But, then, they were running into issues.  The boys house was going smoothly, and the girls DID NOT LIKE THAT ONE BIT!




After a few tears.......yep.......tears over a ginger bread house....... they finally finished!




I was proud of the girls persevering through and building an adorable house!  YEAH!



I guess sometimes, we need to be pushed into greatness. :)


Blessings,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment