Thursday, September 1, 2011

Girlie Time!

While we were staying with the Tapio family, we went on a couples date to a fun restaurant, 'A Touch of Athens,' which served Greek food and had live Italian music and even a belly dancer!  (Personally, I did not appreciate the dancer for OBVIOUS reasons.)  :)

Todd and I also had the opportunity to go on a date by ourselves!  The Tapio's watched the kids for us, and we had an evening all to ourselves.  :)  That is one thing we definitely miss having on a regular basis.  Tanner is old enough to baby-sit, however, it is the idea of him baby-sitting in an unfamiliar location that makes us uneasy.  :)  So, we just don't go out.  :)  To live as a 'full-timer' there are sacrifices.  This is one of the big ones for Todd and me.  Don't get me wrong, I love my kids to pieces, however, I also love my sweet husband.  Time alone with him = communication = happy marriage  :)

I also had the opportunity to take the girls on a much needed 'girlie date!'  When we lived in a 'sticks-n-bricks' home, we would take the kids on 'dates' once a month.  It was always something simple, but just time for each child to be alone with either Todd or me, to talk and share about what is going on in their lives.  It is also a sweet time to encourage that particular child, with scripture, in a much needed direction of correcting character issues.  For example, when Zach was younger, he was really lazy.  It was his natural bent, being the second born, to let his older brother do everything for him.  
I encouraged him with Proverbs 6:6, "Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise!"

 The next time he went outside to play, I pointed out the ants moving on the ground, and how quickly  they were moving.  I asked him if they looked like they were laying around or playing?  He saw that they were busy.  I shared with him, that even though he is a child, and will have many opportunities to play, he is also a member of our family, and he needs to work and contribute to the family's needs.  Something as simple as picking up his toys, or sweeping the porch, is a BIG help.  It only took a few weeks of consistant  training and encouragement for him to find the JOY in working!  He is now a dependable young man, who loves to earn money and knows how to do a job correctly and efficiently.  Praise the Lord!

Well, since we are on the road, life's structure and routine has changed.  Sometimes, it is difficult to take the time for each child as we used too, so Todd and I decided to spend the time with the girls together.

I decided to take the girls to Claire's for some new jewelry, and they wanted to eat at McDonald's of all places!  HA!  :)  But, I also had something else up my sleeve.  :)

Hannah and Emily getting their FIRST pedicure!!!  Too fun!  We went to a little nail salon in Vancouver that only charged $7.00!!!  This is not something I do on a regular basis, (I have only had 3 pedicures in my life), but I thought the girls would enjoy and appreciate something a little more 'grown up.' :) 
Emily had a smile on her face the whole time. 
Hannah kept saying, "That is beau-ti-ful.  That is SO beau-ti-ful!"


Hannah picked her favorite color; blue, and Emily picked her favorite; purple.  :)  Too fun!


Blessings,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment