Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sonoma County Fairgrounds Campground Review

Driving through Sonoma county is breath taking.  I am not a wine drinker, but I love vineyards.  I love grapes and grape juice.  :)  There were SO many vineyards in the area, it makes you wonder how they ALL make any money?  :)  I guess the world really likes grapes and wine!

Trying to find a campground around San Francisco is difficult to say the least.  There are some on the outskirts, but are very expensive, and there are only a couple inside of the Bay area, but I was not going to pay $100 a night!!!

We decided to stay in Santa Rosa, about 40 miles north of San Fran, in a local Fairgrounds RV Park.

Staff:  The host couple was friendly and helpful, giving us a map of San Francisco and traveling advice.

Price: $22.50 with a Good Sam membership for 4 nights!  A steal in this area of California.

Ammenities:  Not much, but level sites, old, but clean restroom/showers, and a small, but efficient laundry room.

If we ever come back, I would definitely stay here again.  :)
Blessings,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment