Thursday, September 22, 2011

Los Angeles, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, OH MY!!!


Well, we made it to Los Angeles on Tanner's birthday!  He is fourteen!!!!  I just can't believe it.  Fourteen.  (moment of silence please.......)  (sniff......sniff......)




O.K., I am fine, and BELIEVE me, he is GREAT!
He was so excited when I told him that we were going to be in Hollywood for his birthday.  I honestly did not know how he would take it.  You see, all though we LOVE good movies, we do NOT love what Hollywood seems to do to people.
You know, you hear about it all the time.  A somewhat, sweet girl or boy goes to Hollywood, and they are changed from that moment on.  Lindsey, Britney, Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber,  and on and on....
So, we made a day of it.  It was exciting when we saw the Hollywood sign for the first time.  :)

It was fun to walk around looking and reading all the stars on the 'Walk of Fame.'



On Hollywood Blvd. we ate at the most fancy McDonald's I have EVER seen in my life!  It costs the same, and tastes the same, in case you were wondering!  :)



We drove down the Sunset Strip, with all the pretty palm trees lined up along the road.  :)




And, yes, we found Beverly Hills.  I never thought I would drive through this area of America, and yet we did!  I have seen many of these locations in so many movies or shows, so it was fun seeing it in 'real life!'



Rodeo Drive.......



Very clean, white, Rodeo Drive......   :)




Driving through Beverly Hills, we saw SOOO many BMW's, Mercedes, Range Rovers, Corvettes, limos and even an Aston Martin.  I just can not fathom, spending that kind of money on a CAR!!!!  UG!!!


Beverly Hills Hotel........


Tanner wanted two things for his birthday:
1. A new watch
2. A carmel frappachino
Happily, he received both!  :)


Later, after our sight-seeing day in Los Angeles, we head home for some yummy birthday cake and icecream!  
How do we celebrate birthdays, so far away from Grandparents?
SKYPE!!!
TOO COOL!!!
That is Todd and the rest of us singing "Happy Birthday" to Tanner.  :)




Now, it is a family joke, that Tanner does not ever get to blow out his OWN candles.  We have it on video, time and time again, where someone is always blowing his candles out, and he gets SO upset.  Well, this time, we let him do it ALL BY HIMSELF!  He was SO thrilled and thankful!  HA!  I'm tellin' you, it is the little things that mean so much!  :)


Happy Birthday Tanner!  We love you so much!


Blessings,
Steph

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Tanner! What a fun birthday you must have had :-) I remember visiting California when I was in high school. I had a blast with my teammates touring the strip, putting our hands in the stars on the street, and performing at Disney. But it is hard to ignore the hyper-materialistic culture there. So destructive to the soul! Vanity of vanities - chasing after the wind. Such a sad substitute for the satisfaction we find in our Lord Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe Tanner is 14...wow! Happy birthday to Tanner - he is such an incredible young man. What a birthday to remember!

    ReplyDelete