Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spontaneity = Fun!

One of the things that I LOVE about this lifestyle of living on road full time, is the spontaneous moments that can arise.  We are just puttin' along on the road, talkin' or singin' or even stoppin' an argument from gettin' out of hand, :) , when....HEY!  Let's go there!  What is that!  or That looks interesting!  Pull over!!...
And we DO!  I love it. 

When we lived the regular "sticks-n-bricks" lifestyle, we just did not have the time or energy to do this sort of thing.  I was busy rushing to this practice or that lesson, or HAD to get home to let the little ones take their naps...etc.....  Some how, very quickly, I must add, we have all learned how to "wing-it" and "go-with-the-flow" with our "plans."  This is a great lesson for me, because I am naturally a planner.  I love to check off my list, and see how productive I was each day.....UG!  BLAH!!  :)

Now, I am ready to see, really see what the Lord has for us each day.  I still have little goals, or trips planned, and we do get our school work done in the mornings, however, I just love the new "surprises" that seem to teach us or wow us that I had no idea about, or even knew was just around the corner!

THIS was one of those fun, new, LOVE it, moments for us:

I know what you're thinking.  A John Deere store?  YES!  Todd wanted to go inside and look at their hats, and before we knew it, the kids were in tractor heaven, and it was really exciting!  Have YOU ever been inside of a John Deere Store with a bunch of children?  They have toys....cool ones. :)  Outside, they have really cool "grown-up" toys that we all enjoyed drooling over.  :)


Everyone got a new John Deere hat, (pink for the girls!)  But, it was just another wonderful experience that we had never done before, but were so thankful for at the end of the day.  (Much better than checking off some list of chores!) :)


Perfect fit. :)

Blessings,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment